The much awaited Mary Meeker digital trends report is out. Lo and behold, Internet growth is stagnating if you take out India. India still is at only 27% Internet penetration so there’s a lot of growth opportunity. It makes me wonder how connected we will be when the next billion is online.
Here are some of my favorite key takeaways:
Mary Meeker’s Key Internet and Digital Trends for 2017
- A lot of future search will be about visuals/ images and not keywords
- Emerging retailers/ businesses are using collaborative or UGC ad creation which outperform regular ads
- Tap + augment reality + voice can replace actual typing especially when users upload content or search
- 60% customers want better support via online channels. Social media is driving up the need for transparency and online customer support
- 82% customers stopped working with a company after bad social media experience – the channel is driving accountability
- Real time customer conversations are consistently rising
Here’s the full report with a detailed look into India and China trends too.
Latest posts by Upasna Kakroo (see all)
- Your 2018 Brand Agenda: Follow the Audience! - January 9, 2018
- Questions to Brand Leaders Creating Things That Matter - December 11, 2017
- Year End Brand Review: Where Do You Stand Today? - December 6, 2017