Content creation and curation is the gathering, organizing and online presentation of content related to a particular theme or topic for your brands. The gathering of information and its delivery to specific end-users or audience is the crux of content creation and curation. Typical forms of content creation include blogging, photography, videography, online commentary and the further editing and distribution. The world of content marketing professionals and creators is growing day by day new information technologies gaining ground. For all practical purposes, content creation and content distribution need defined processes and a task force (really!) for handling the vast quantum of information. Companies with the ventures in the Internet domain have an even greater need for processes. How can your company improve content creation and curation processes? We tackle this important question for you today!
How Can Your Company Improve Content Creation And Curation
1) Improved Distribution– Once the content arrives on the webpage, the company needs to push it on all the channels it has available. There’s nothing worse than unused, unread content. This is the basis for creating an engaged user group. If the content is read more or trends, the value of the published content rises high which inspires further content creation! Creativity in the content can go up several notches with user-writer interaction which the company can provide, control and monitor. Your company can provide platforms for dialogue- where the user-groups and content writers can talk. Often, with this practice, the teams of creators also improve their content creation skills. The key here is distributing better (and everywhere) to gain a new set of readers and engagement from each platform. The performance can be looped back into the system to improve!
2) Sponsored research– A white paper demands good research. Any company, for bringing in original stories and ideas can work on a niche topic of research through partnerships. It is advisable to work with topical experts or outside-in researchers or universities as the case may be on topics within your domain. This is most likely going to add an element of credibility and trust to your work. It will also enable you to be more efficient, as experts in the field are most likely to be in the know of things. And know what kind of research is new and will add value to your audience!
Content curation refers to “analyzing and contextualizing web content and information of a particular nature onto a platform or into a format one can understand.” Steps towards better content curation are-
1) Understanding of the web zeitgeist– A company may choose to publish content which has already been published and reported by another site. But it’s important to tailor the content so that it resonates with its readership. In this sense, the company can keep on strengthening the nature of its platform. Content curation thus, also means providing views of multiple writers, their opinions, so that the subject-matter on ‘one form of content’ is neatly brought together with a new view!
2) Editing– For better management of information, any data curation requires comprehensive editing strategies. You may report the same story, but not without sharing how it’s relevant to your audience in particular and how it impacts them. It may be important to focus on a certain specific aspect of the topic rather than go haywire with multiple thoughts. Edit, curate and then edit some more!
3) Strategies for Time-Efficiency- From the latest Internet tools to recruiting or working with the most relevant agencies, it is important to instill a sense of efficient working in your teams. Strive to follow the 80:20 rule. 80 percent of your impact comes with 20 per cent of the content. Focus on making that 20 per cent work!
4) Develop your own creative imprint- For an impactful curation, companies should take care that through the process of curation, they add value to the nature of information. As a brand, you need to work on themes that your consumers associate with you. Focus on a few, but create something totally unique with it. Make a creative imprint all over the world wide web by focusing on topics that make you, you!
Curation together with original content creation is the main reason that makes your consumers feel stimulated to interact and purchase from your brands. Start now, and start well!
Latest posts by Enakshi Sharma (see all)
- Is Content Marketing the New Journalism? - July 11, 2016
- How Do I Improve My Social Media Presence? - June 22, 2016
- Consumers Love Stories. This is What You Can Do To Reach Them - June 15, 2016