Happy new year! The first week of the new year is over. For those of you who are back from vacation, this is the right time to set your 2018 brand agenda. If you’re ready with an intention list, it’s time to ask yourself a question. What’s the core of your brand strategy? Are you ready to follow the audience?
Follow the Audience: Making Your 2018 Brand Agenda
Here’s an inspiring product series launched by LinkedIn and Starbucks which shares this idea beautifully.
LinkedIn and Starbucks have partnered for “Mentor Mondays” where LinkedIn basically reached its entire base for nominating themselves as mentors. These micro mentor events would be hosted in Starbucks. It’s a marriage made in branding heaven. From an audience perspective:
- Professions often feel a need to mentor and share their experiences with others
- LinkedIn has the largest repository of professionals connected via their work experiences
- Starbucks wants to be the choice for your Monday morning coffee and attracts the upwardly mobile
Why do the companies choose these Mentor Mondays?
- Starbucks wants to push for greater footfall in its stores and attract more professionals
- LinkedIn wants to push for tangible engagement and provide value to professionals well and beyond online connectivity.
- Both companies are pushing for online-offline experience integration
It’s good to think about who your brand can partner with, or what new experiences you can create for your audience.
Latest posts by Upasna Kakroo (see all)
- Your 2018 Brand Agenda: Follow the Audience! - January 9, 2018
- Questions to Brand Leaders Creating Things That Matter - December 11, 2017
- Year End Brand Review: Where Do You Stand Today? - December 6, 2017